Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Short Story - "Egg Timer"

Alright, so evidently you cannot upload simple files to Blogger, you can only upload videos and pictures. I didn't really explore Google Docs or anything else really. However, the web community speaks highly of MediaFire. This is how I'll share files with you guys until I find something better.

It's not too bad, just copy and paste the link into a new browser window and it'll take you to a new MediaFire-branded page. Click "Click to download". An ad will probably pop up, just ignore it, I guess that's the price you pay for a "free" service. I assure you that the site is pretty legit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kujwy34mmq5yb8l

This was one the first short stories that I wrote when I had resurrected my personal blog back in April (I plan on getting back in the saddle soon). It spawned from the want to do simple but beautiful cinematography; you'll notice there's no dialogue. I think it might a good candidate for a project we could film sooner than later because it's so undemanding.

I'm envisioning something akin to the "Black Hole" short that I posted a week ago; something with high attention to detail in regard to sound design and composition.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun; alternative and a nice project to start on without worrying about a script and any sense of higher meaning or design. In other words its not too epic. Also; how do you create a pdf.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Celtx to write the script; there's a function to safe as a PDF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My availability this week is back to normal. Friday after 5:30 and all day Saturday and Sunday work best. What does everyone's schedule look like.

    I'm willing to to either shoot or storyboard "Egg Timer" this weekend. If we decide to film, I'll bring some gear from work; I should have everything else we need at my house. Although, a quick trip to the Good Will or Savers on Reynolds Rd. might be a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete